How do SolarBuilt Homes Save Water?
How do SolarBuilt Homes Reduce Waste?
- Low use fixtures.
- Completely prepped for a grey water system.
- Rainwater directed to plantings with gutters, down spouts and swales.
- Landscaping in front and mature trees are desert natives, using little water.
- Recirculating, insulated hot water lines so there is no wait for hot water at the tap.
- Reclaimed water for all outdoor irrigation.
How do SolarBuilt Homes Improve Indoor Air Ouality?
- Engineered lumber for roof framing.
- Carpet of PET (soda bottles), recycled plastic.
- Carpet pad is made of recycled materials.
- Tiles primary raw material is a post industrial waste product.
- Studs for all partition walls and garage trusses of recycled steel.
- Steel studs are recyclable and reusable.
- Recycling cabinet in kitchen.
Unique Exterior Features
- Non VOC Paints.
- Passive ventilation for maximum Fresh Air Movement.
- Murco drywall compound does not use a chemical drying agent.
- Stained, scored concrete floors for reduced use of carpeting and wood.
- Separate garage eliminates auto exhaust pollution.
- Exhaust fans vented to outdoors.
Outdoor living features:
- Corrugated, rusted metal roof over Great Room and rusted metal trim.
- No care masonry walls are also termite proof, fire resistant, provide
superior soundproofing and are built for generations to come.
- Low maintenance exterior details. No stucco and no wood exposed.
- Detached one car garage with ample storage plus one car carport.
- Accent color on French doors.
Live/Work Features on Solar Courts:
- Fully enclosed courtyard with mature tree.
- Multiple French dooors open to courtyards.
- Large covered porch.
- Optional evaporatively cooled air spills into courtyard and optional
outdoor beehive fireplace forcomfort outdoors in all seasons.
- Carport that can double as a ramada.
- Optional gas barbecue hookup.
- Optional fountain.
- Includes pation wall.
Unique Interior Features:
- Street Front Flex Space with Private Courtyard or Front Entrance.
- Adjacent to Neighborhood Center Plaza.
- Wired with Communication Cable.
- Entire building zoned for Residential, Business or Retail Use.
Exceptionally large upper level master suite in Solar Courts with:
- Open floor plan connects to outdoor courtyard, 8 foot high exterior
doorways, 9 foot minimum ceiling height, 19 foot cathedral ceiling
and loft in Great Room for spaciousness in Solar Courts.
- Exposed masonry walls and stained, scored concrete floors for a massive adobe feel.
- Art niches with optional lighting.
- Four panel interior doors with lever handles.
- 3 foot minimum door width for easy accessibility.
- Gas range, microware/vent hood, disposal and dishwasher.
- Custom hard wood cabinets and fully formed laminate counters and breakfast bar.
- Tile vanities, tubs and showers.
Luxurious Master Bath with:
- Loft overlooking the Great Room.
- Balcony with double French doors.
- 10 foot ceilings.
- Large walk-in closet.
- Enclosed water closet.
- 6 foot garden tub.
- Seperate oversized shower.
- Oversized vanity with dressing table.
- Double lavatories.
- Second large bedroom Suite in Solar Courts.
- Four phone outlets and 4 TV outlets with CATV 5 wire.
SolarBuilt's on-going program of research and improved
housing may result in future changes in the building products,
materials, methods and designs used in your home which may not be
reflected in the model homes. Modifications and price changes may be
made without prior notice. Material shortages may result in substitutions
of equal or greater value.